Steps for configuring Snowflake
Please follow the step-by-step instructions for setting up Snowflake destination:
1. Create a new database in snowflake.
2. Connect to the database using any Snowflake-supported SQL editors and execute the queries mentioned in steps #3, #4, #5, & #6 by replacing the below placeholders with the appropriate values:
Replace <PASSWORD> placeholder with the password of your choice.
Replace <DATABASE> placeholder with the name created in step #1
Replace <WAREHOUSE> placeholder with the compute warehouse available in the Snowflake dashboard/console under Admin > Warehouse.
Feel free to reach out to us at
[email protected] if you run into any issues or if you have any questions.
3. Now, Create a new user & role, and assign this new role to the new user
USE ROLE accountadmin;
CREATE ROLE intentwise;
CREATE USER intentwise PASSWORD="<PASSWORD>" DEFAULT_ROLE = intentwise;
GRANT ROLE intentwise TO USER intentwise;
4. Next, create the schemas in the database
CREATE SCHEMA "amazon_source_data";
CREATE SCHEMA "intentwise_ecommerce_graph";
Please run the following statements for each database you’d like intentwise to access:
5. Execute the below queries to grant access, create, and all privileges to intentwise user to perform changes on the schema and associated tables
GRANT USAGE ON DATABASE "<DATABASE>" TO ROLE intentwise;
GRANT CREATE SCHEMA ON DATABASE "<DATABASE>" TO ROLE intentwise;
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA "intentwise_ecommerce_graph" TO ROLE intentwise;
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA "amazon_source_data" TO ROLE intentwise;
GRANT ALL ON SCHEMA public TO ROLE intentwise;
GRANT ALL ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA "<DATABASE>"."intentwise_ecommerce_graph" TO ROLE intentwise;
GRANT ALL ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA "<DATABASE>"."amazon_source_data" TO ROLE intentwise;
Please run the following statements for each warehouse you’d like intentwise to use:
6. Execute the below query to allow intentwise to use a WAREHOUSE
GRANT ALL ON WAREHOUSE "<WAREHOUSE>" TO intentwise;
7. Now, login to the Intentwise platform and navigate to My Connections under Intentwise Analytics Cloud. Click on "+ Add Destination", choose Snowflake as the destination and click Next.
8. Enter the Account Name, Username, Password, Database Name, Warehouse, Region, and click on Save.
Account Name field value here corresponds to 'Locator' value. You will be able to find the 'Locator' details under Admin > Accounts in the Snowflake console.
Username, Password, and Database field values here correspond to the ones you created in Steps #1 & #3 above
Warehouse field values corresponds to the Warehouse name in Snowflake and it can be found in Admin > Warehouses in the Snowflake console.
Finally, 'Region' field value is a combination of the 'Cloud' and 'Region' values (Joined using Hyphen '-' ) in the Snowflake console. For example: If Cloud = AWS and Region = US West (Oregon), then Intentwise Region field value = AWS-US West (Oregon)
You will be able to find the 'Cloud' & 'Region' details under Admin > Accounts in the Snowflake console.
9. On successful completion, you will see the below message:
10. For any further question on the pipeline setup, please email us at [email protected] .