Automated Rule is a feature that allows advertisers to automate actions by setting up rules that get triggered when set conditions are met.
Watch the video where Jason explains how you can leverage the Automated rules:
Steps to create a new rule
1. Create a New Rule: To set up customized automated rules, click the Automated Rules tab under Settings and then click the + New Rule button on the top right.
2. Provide a Rule Name: Enter a cool and suitable name for your rule.
3. Choose your Target and Action Type: Select the Target of your choice on which you want to perform an action and choose the respective action type to begin with.
There are many options available with Intentwise to automate actions. If you want to Enable/Pause or Change bids of Ad groups, Auto Targeting Groups, Product/Audience Targeting, SB Keywords, or SP Keywords that fit the criteria, you can define the respective Targets and automate the actions easily.
Automate adding search terms as keyword/product targeting to as negatives to different campaigns.
4. Define the Criteria: Define your Criteria/Condition for the rule to run (keep in mind that you can add more than one condition). Explore and use the needed filters to set the Criteria for your Rule.
E.g.: You can filter out the Targets by ACOS, impressions, Clicks, Orders, and many more metrics available to choose from. For example, you can use the Metric filter option to set the criteria to Target Campaigns with higher ACOS than the set Campaign Target ACOS and Enable/Pause or Change the budget of those campaigns as you see fit.
5. Define the Action: Choose the action to be performed when the above Criteria/Condition are met. Intentwise will provide different options based on the selected Action Type.
6. Set your lookback window: Select the date range for the rule to use the data from.
7. Set your Frequency: Select how many times you want to run the rule.
8. Pick the time of day: Choose the time of the day when you want it to execute.
9. Add Watchers: Add additional team members as watchers if they need to be notified when the rule runs.
10. Save the Rule: Preview the targets that fall under the criteria selected, and you are all set!
Day Parting: Users can set up a rule to accomplish day parting, i.e., keyword bids can be lowered at a specific time of the day and increased during other times. Read more on day parting rules here.
Search terms Harvesting: Automated rules can be used for harvesting profitable search terms or moving search terms to other campaigns. You can learn more about it here.